Gene Slay’s Girls & Boys Club has a 90-year history of providing exceptional youth development programs. GSGBC’s mission is to empower girls and boys in the St. Louis metropolitan area, especially those who need us most, to realize their physical, intellectual, and emotional potential.
GSGBC is seeking an experienced Director of Development to head our development team. As a member of the GSGBC leadership team, the Director of Development sets the vision and strategies to develop and implement short-term and long-term fundraising plans for the Club. The Director oversees public relations needed to advance the mission and leadership of GSGBC in the community. Ensure that AFP Code of Ethical Practices and Standards are maintained throughout all development operations.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive development strategy that meets GSGBC’s annual operating goals
- Devise and implement progressive strategies to acquire, renew and upgrade major donors;
- Oversee the planning, production and fundraising efforts for agency events.
- Foster a culture of philanthropy throughout the organization and create a donor-centered organization that nurtures loyalty through a comprehensive relationship building program including cultivation and communications.
- Demonstrate extraordinary hospitality and care for donors and visitors through in-person interaction, tours of the Club, written communication, and special opportunities to connect constituents with the Club and its mission.
- Manage the Club’s diverse relationships with government, foundations, and corporations for continued success in institutional fundraising.
- Creation of accurate and high-quality communication pieces that foster engagement and knowledge of the mission
- Work with senior management to motivate and strengthen the Board in its role in development; expand, manage and coordinate the Board members and other volunteers’ involvement in fundraising activities.
- Formulate annual development budgets, track financial performance, prepare the necessary interim financial reports and fundraising projections, and monitor department expenditures.
- Design and implement a planned giving program to engage GSGBC’s high net worth and established donors in legacy conversations.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Passion for Gene Slay’s Girls & Boys Club of St. Louis’ mission and ability to articulate its philosophy, values and practices to internal and external stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum three to five years of development leadership.
- CFRE preferred.
- Demonstrated track record of successful fundraising growth.
- Demonstrated track record of successfully securing major gifts and exceeding contributed income goals in a sophisticated donor environment.
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills. This includes the ability to connect with people from diverse backgrounds as well as being able to inspire others with GSGBC’s mission through written and in-person messaging.
- Experience managing people and working effectively within a fast-paced, mission-driven organization, with a drive to learn and collaborate in a dynamic environment.
- Strong planning, strategy, financial, budgeting and analytical skills.
Salary & Benefits:
Along with a competitive salary, GSGBC offers employer-paid medical, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, paid vacation, 13 paid holidays, and 401K with 10% salary contribution made by the Club.