The mission of Gene Slay’s Girls & Boys Club (GSGBC) is to empower girls and boys in the St. Louis metropolitan area, especially those who need us most, to realize their physical, intellectual, and emotional potential.
In 2018, GSGBC adopted Sanctuary, a trauma-informed organizational change model, which encourages the core values of non-violence, emotional intelligence, social learning, democracy, open communication, social responsibility, and growth and change. All staff are trained in Sanctuary and all youth participate in trauma-informed curriculum focused on safety, learning about emotions, managing loss, and creating a hopeful future.
GSGBC offers after school and summer programming for youth ages 6-16, serving more than 900 youth annually. GSGBC supports youth development and holistic health with programs that include academic support and assistance, aquatics and recreation, character and citizenship, healthy lifestyle, the arts, college and career. The after school program runs August through May, 2:30pm-7:30pm, and an 8-week summer program is offered June through August, 7:00 am-5:30 pm.
• Transport children to and from school, field trips and other destinations
• Experience with coordinating transportation logistics
• Ensure the safety of all students and any other passengers on the bus
• Observe and obey all relevant traffic and safety laws
• Collate and edit transport schedules based on passengers' needs
• Arrive at collection points prior to departure times
• Confirm that all passengers are present, and record any no-shows
• Ensure adherence to passenger limits
• Avoid high-traffic and accident-prone routes, where possible
• Separate physical fights and calm verbal altercations, as needed
• Record and report all accidents and incidents to your supervisor
• Check that passengers disembark at the correct destinations, and in a timely manner
• Assist students with getting on and off the bus as needed
• Maintain a clean and mechanically sound bus at all times
• Perform inspections of the bus before and after each route
• Ensure the shuttle bus is fueled at all times
• High school diploma or certificate of high school completion
• Valid Driver's License
• Clean driving record
• Previous experience driving groups of people
• Outstanding knowledge of applicable transport and safety codes
• Excellent route planning abilities
• Enjoy working with kids
• Working knowledge of pertinent car maintenance and restoration techniques
• Ability to work flexible hours
• The ability to problem solve and process through critical thinking
• Must pass the health and employment requirements set by Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services as a condition of employment
Gene Slay’s Girls & Boys Club of St. Louis provides equal employment opportunities to all
regardless of race, color, sex, national origin, military service eligibility, veteran status, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.