The Intake Coordinator is committed to the 90+-year history of providing exceptional youth development programs and will support the Gene Slay’s Girls & Boys Club (GSGBC) mission to empower girls and boys in the St. Louis metropolitan area, especially those who need us most, to realize their physical, intellectual and emotional potential.
The purpose of this position is to ensure that all children, youth and families registering with GSGBC experience a favorable and comprehensive intake process. As the first point of contact at GSGBC for new and renewing families, this position is responsible for coordinating the registration process, providing exceptional customer service, and maintaining impeccable member records as it relates to requirements of state child care licensure and child care subsidy.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a broad knowledge of the Department of Health and Senior Services (DHSS) Licensing Rules for Group Child Care Homes and Child Care Centers
- Responsible for all aspects of member enrollment in afterschool and summer programming
- Ensure each member has a complete file, including all paperwork and documents required by state licensing, prior to beginning programming
- Manage, process and enter data from enrollment paperwork into tracking and attendance software
- Thorough understanding of Department of Senior Services’ (DSS) child care subsidy and ability to communicate with families regarding sliding fee and payments
- Ensure that all eligible families have applied for DSS child care subsidy
- Maintain accurate records of attendance and fees for members receiving child care subsidy
- Maintain accurate records of allocated/awarded GSGBC scholarships to families
- Prepare attendance reports of children participating in child care subsidy program to be entered into state database for payment
- Coordinate staff participation in child care training
- Generate monthly report of staff’s completed training hours, monitor the need for additional hours, share opportunities for upcoming clock hour trainings, coordinate the registration of staff for training opportunities
- Passion for Gene Slay’s Girls & Boys Club of St. Louis’ mission and ability to articulate its philosophy, values, and practices to internal and external stakeholders
- Associates degree from an accredited college or university or previous experience in administrative function
- Highly organized with ability to develop and maintain processes that ensure accuracy of record keeping and reporting
- Ability to analyze and suggest improvements to program functioning and efficiency
- Excellent verbal and customer service skills in-person and over the phone (discretion, patience & etiquette), as well as demonstrated ability to adjust communication style for various audiences
- Demonstrated experience working with a variety of individuals from diverse backgrounds and income levels, and a demonstrated commitment to diversity, cultural relevancy, and inclusion
- Database knowledge and highly proficient usage of Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel
- Ability to solve problems
- Self-starter with ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment. • Ability to adjust to the diverse needs of members and staff.
- Must pass the health and employment requirements set by Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services as a condition of employment
Salary and Benefits:
Along with a competitive salary, GSGBC offers employer-paid medical, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, paid vacation, 13 paid holidays, and 401K with 10% salary contribution made by the Club.
Qualified candidates submit cover letter and resume to HR@gsgbcstl.org.