Manager of Finance
The mission of Gene Slay’s Girls & Boys Club (GSGBC) is to empower girls and boys in the St. Louis metropolitan area, especially those who need us most, to realize their physical, intellectual, and emotional potential.
Since 2018, GSGBC has implemented trauma-informed care through its organizational operation and how services are provided to members and their families. GSGBC is currently working with the Conscious Discipline model, a trauma-informed/evidence-based model of social-emotional learning, to implement trauma-informed care in our Clubs. Conscious Discipline helps us to better understand children’s behavior and emphasizes safety, connection, and problem solving. Staff are trained in trauma-informed care and will be provided with the tools to better understand how trauma affects our members, and how they can deal with the behaviors associated with trauma.
GSGBC offers afterschool and summer programming for youth ages 6-16, serving more than 900 youth annually. GSGBC supports youth development and holistic health with programs that include: Academics, Athletics, Character Building, Healthy Living, College & Career Readiness and The Arts. The Afterschool Program runs August through May, 2:30pm-7:30pm, a Summer Camp is offered June through July, 7:00 am-6:00 pm.
Responsibilities and Priorities:
Financial Management and Reporting
- Full general ledger accounting in QuickBooks, including posting transactions in journals and the general ledger for accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll, and coding invoices and receipts to correct location and departments
- Prepare and issue invoices for pledges and other accounts receivable, track and follow-up on late accounts.
- Assure all payroll is coded to correct department and location – GJE at end of month
- Manage invoices to be paid in a timely manner
- Ensure bank deposits are made
- Maintain bank account records, reconcile bank accounts monthly
- Collaborate with Development Department to account for and audit all charitable gifts and perform monthly balancing between QuickBooks in conjunction with the Development department.
- Responsible for preparation of financial statements, budgets, and financial reports, including various accounting summaries and reports as requested and cash flow reports.
- Compile, maintain and produce appropriate financial reports
- Coordinate annual audit and prepare all documents required for completing the audit and the 990 tax forms
- Create and maintain an accounting manual
- Accounting for agency gift in kind
- Coordinate stock donations
- Gifts in kind management
- Monthly posting of investment and trust statements to assure the Balance sheet balances with the statements.
- Responsible for leading annual agency budget process
- Support Compliance Coordinator for grant reporting
- Maintain records and allocations of designated funding-payroll and expenses
- Credit card management
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- 4-7 years’ experience in accounting and reporting in nonprofit sectors
- Clear understanding of the work and mission of GSGBC and the ability to carry out the vision as defined by the Executive Director and the Club Board
- Experience with the accounting software QuickBooks
- Experience with ADP payroll systems, preferred
- Must be skilled in Office Suite (Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Perform other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functions of GSGBC
- Must pass the health and employment requirements set by Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services as a condition of employment
Position is full-time, Monday through Friday, with the opportunity to work hybrid/remote. The salary range for this position is $60,000 – 67,000 annually, pay to commensurate with education
GSGBC offers a generous benefit package, once effective it will include 15 days of PTO, 14 paid holidays and the following, fully-paid health benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance 2x annual salary, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, and an option to purchase Long Term Care Insurance. Additionally, GSGBC provides 10% of your annual salary as a contribution to a 401A per year, a vesting schedule applies.
Gene Slay’s Girls & Boys Club of St. Louis provides equal employment opportunities to all regardless of race, color, sex, national origin, military service eligibility, veteran status, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.